Translate

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Try to remember ~ But if you remember ~ Best to forget!




My dear readers, even though I have been absent- and the view through the small
window has been shuttered - 
The lives of the characters have continued on in all their simultaneously 
revolving universes.
Their stories will be revealed bit by bit- and all will be made known.
There are many questions to be answered and mysteries to be solved.


~Did~ 
Daphne Dalrymple finally purchase the Skattergood house at what was 
West Acres Farm?



It has stood abandoned for years now - that is except for Josephine,

the McCallister’s runaway cow!





~What~
Has Ruth James suddenly remembered of that day in 1911, when her old friend 
Sophia Skattergood fled Yardley in tears?




What terrible secret was Sophia about to reveal to her?



Who was the man that arrived before Sophia could share her secret and board 
the train for Philadelphia?


Sophia was whisked off before Ruth could even comprehend the situation.







Little did she know ~ it might be the last she would ever see 
her beloved friend again.




Fifty Five years later ~ 


A plot is revealed to Ruth at the Country Club ~ 

It connects her long lost friend Sophia, and her new dear friend Daphne. 


In her urgency to warn Daphne ~ she makes a very rash decision,

which could turn her into the most wanted criminal in Yardley!




“ Out of my way! she shouted ~ just in time. "Oh dear, I hope he can swim! " 




" I must find Daphne right away...now which way is it to the  library...
   where are the breaks on this contraption! "





But what did become of Sophia?


Did she and Cecil Spedden ever reunite?


“Cecil, I would like to introduce you to Percy Dalrymple ~
he and I are... betrothed.



“Please Cecil... I must explain!”




“I entreat you... please let me explain...you don't know why it could not be!”




~What~ 
 Cataclysmic event seemed to put an end to all their hopes forever?




 "Until you return my dearest."

~Then~
In Paris, there is a chance meeting. 






“My dear, your accent... are you from Philadelphia?” the strange woman 

 asked Sophia. 



"What is your name my dear, I feel I somehow know you?"



~Afterwords~
What could cause this woman- a complete stranger to Sophia,
to be so disturbed by their meeting that she contemplates 
doing herself harm!






~Back~
at the Yardley Country Club in 1966 ~ 
Will it be left to Madame Rosa, psychic and medium to solve the mystery?





~And finally- 
Will this cottage in the English countryside, seen in Madame Rosa’s 
crystal ball, lead to all the answers?







~But let’s not get ahead of ourselves~

Back to May, 1966

Just as Ruth James had advised, Daphne and Ophelia did go to the old library 
on Lake Afton to see what knowledge could be gained about the history of the
Skattergood house, and it’s inhabitants.





Little did Daphne know that just around the corner on Main Street~ someone plotted
to insure her goal would never come to fruition.


 "Find her now you half-wit detective!"

To be continued..... 


















9 comments:

  1. Hi Philip! I guess I missed this post yesterday.... I was busy Daydreaming! LOL! It is wonderful to see your stories here again... so many Great settings you have put together! It is the bane of my stories that the plots ask for a landscape I have not made yet... Haha... I am sure you know what I mean! Your little worlds are fantastic... I can't wait to learn all the mysterious details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Philip,
    It is great to have a new post from you. I\You have me on the edge of my seat with all the storylines and the wonderful pictures. I can't wait to read more.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Philip! Thank you so much for coming back! You've been on my mind the last few weeks. I was afraid I'd never have the pleasure of reading another one of your amazing mini stories. You've completely made my day, and of course I'll be on pins and needles until your next post! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. กอล์ฟ I like this article so much กอล์ฟ this topic was awesome กอล์ฟ I love to see the tecnique of writer in this post

    ReplyDelete
  5. กอล์ฟ I think it gonna be the best topic in this weekกอล์ฟI wonder how to made this article correctly กอล์ฟwithout mistake I need to contract with writer

    ReplyDelete